Chanel

Hair Salon Suites

5 posts in this topic

I wanted to know is it legal for a Salon Suite Owner give different monthly rent requirements to different prospective salon suite owners? Or can the salon suite owner give both prospective salon suite owners the same rental rate but accepts the Caucasian women but not the black women?

16 minutes ago, Chanel said:

I wanted to know is it legal for a Salon Suite Owner give different monthly rent requirements to different prospective salon suite owners?

Yes, it's legal.

16 minutes ago, Chanel said:

Or can the salon suite owner give both prospective salon suite owners the same rental rate but accepts the Caucasian women but not the black women?

That's a bit more complicated.

It could be illegal if the decision were based ONLY on race. But there could be many other variables involved even though it might look like race on the surface.

If this is happening to you, you should provide specific details instead of generalized questions.

1 hour ago, Chanel said:

I wanted to know is it legal for a Salon Suite Owner give different monthly rent requirements to different prospective salon suite owners?

What does this question even mean?  Why would "a Salon Suite Owner" give a "rent requirement" to a "prospective salon suite owner" (and why is "Salon Suite Owner" capitalized the first time but not the second time)?

Are you talking about the owner of a salon who rents out space in the salon to stylists?  If so, yes, it's legal, as long as the different rent is not based on the stylists' race, ethnicity, gender, religion, etc.

1 hour ago, Chanel said:

Or can the salon suite owner give both prospective salon suite owners the same rental rate but accepts the Caucasian women but not the black women?

Racial discrimination is illegal.