Jump to content

Motion for a New Trial for inadequate counsel

5 posts in this topic

A motion was filed for a new trial on grounds of inadequate counsel regarding an OUI case.  CWOF., Continued Without a Finding was my plea bargain. My motion was denied. 

Can the Judge send my motion to an assistant district attorney for the decision? The assistant district attorney worked with the ada I complained about. 

John F Wholey Jr.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't ask for a "new" trial when you pled and didn't have a trial.  The motion would be to withdraw your plea but absent a showing that you didn't know what the deal was and didn't voluntarily enter the plea, that's a non-starter. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now