Fallguy

Sub Rosa

I’m also curious how it was obtained. I literally have not been outside my house other than taking my kids to school or grocery shopping.

I had dinner with a friend at his restaurant a few times because he’s one of the few that is close to me. Could they film through window if the restaurant was closed?

Were you receiving benefits?

Were your benefits terminated because of something on the video?

Something you were doing that you shouldn't have been able to do because of your disability?

You have the tape?

What does it show?

All the insurance company needs is ten seconds of you doing something that you claimed that your injury prevents you from doing.

Why do you think the unedited tape is going to help you?

12 hours ago, Fallguy said:

Can you request for all sub Rosa or purchase if it doesn’t cost too much

2 hours ago, Fallguy said:

The surveillance videos.

Anyone can request anything.  You can purchase anything you like if the owner of the thing you want to buy is willing to sell it for a price that you're willing to pay.

2 hours ago, Fallguy said:

I’m pretty sure it’s more helpful to me.

More helpful to you than what?

2 hours ago, Fallguy said:

There some videos that was taken and I was just wondering how to get the unedited version

Ummm...how should we know how you might obtain videos depicting some unknown things from some unknown person?  If you know who has "the unedited version," I would think the best way to get a copy would be to ask whomever has it.

Perhaps you should provide some context as to what the **** you're talking about.

I never received any benefits.

my restrictions started at 10 lb no lifting then 20.

the video doesn’t show anything I said I couldn’t do. It just shows me walking. I helped him sweep the floor since I didn’t pay for dinner.

It might be helpful because I recall there were times that I would shift around because I was uncomfortable. A few of the shots showed I was grimacing before it’s edited.

im confused myself why go through the trouble if no benefits were ever paid. There were no ratings. I’m guessing it was for the purpose of sending it to qme. I realize he didn’t give a report after mri and I read online that when that happens someone sent him video surveillance. 

I just finished watching a youtube clip and its rare for carriers to use surveillance. It said an unwitnessed and delayed reporting will be a red flag. I had a witness and I reported it within the hour. 

The adjuster chose not to take his statement or review the medical evidence.

Pg1607,

i didnt see your last question.

heres a condensed version.

i was injured and the claim was denied. I went to see qme and he requested for mri. This was about a year from date of injury. The videos were taken a few weeks before mri. After the mri, the qme never sent a supplemental report. 

The call and told me that he didn’t give rating and my claim was denied so no benefits.

It didn’t sound right so I request for videos and they sent me a copy but I have to see a new qme now because the last report was incomplete and he retired or quit.

i think he sent him the video but I don’t know how to prove. I could be wrong but in order to have that video, I’m sure he spent a good amount of money. I rarely leave my house. If I do, it’s only to get food or taking my kids to school. Unless it was just luck the PI was hired on the few days I did go out.

I don’t know what is legal or isn’t legal. It was just my interpretation from the clip I saw. It said that it has to be a public view. I just thought if he had to climb on something then it isn’t a public view. Unless the public normally climb on to of things to view things.

I don't want to pull teeth here

4 hours ago, Fallguy said:

I’m not sure, a few weeks before mri date

So, how long ago was that?

These films are not kept forever. Was this a year ago? Two years ago? Six months ago? Last week?

Gimme something, here.

11 hours ago, PayrollHRGuy said:

You can request it via discovery prior to your hearing.

I was researching discovery and im not sure when that stage begin. 

Would I be able to request for information about reimbursement if it’s not in discovery? 

When does discovery begin and what can I ask for? If it’s not in discovery stage, what can or can’t I asked for?

i hope that made sense.

If the video was taken in February or March and this is now September almost October, the carrier probably doesn't have multiple copies floating around. Even if it was edited, and I don't know how you could know that for certain, there's no guarantee that the alleged  unedited copy still exists. You've raised this whole claim fairly recently, if I recall correctly. I'm sure they have a copy of what they sent you in your file but who knows if they kept the originals?

8 hours ago, cbg said:

Thats true. I’m sure theyve accomplished whatever it was that it was intended for. I’m not even sure why they still have it.

I finally understand the process now. I guess my patience or lack of patience clouded my mind. I’ve been looking to get a denied claim accepted over night.

i didnt realize that there is a process in workers compensation. It seems more like a game to me and probably more so to the carrier. Their prize seems to be the joy of denying claims and especially portraying injured workers as a fraud. My mistake was believing that the adjusters are there to help and guide me through difficult times.

You are all over the map. You had an injury (you don't mention what the accident is, what was injured, or the date, nor what treatment or benefits you are seeking). The insurance carrier denied the claim. You don't give a reason. When it was denied, you were told something. What was the reason it was denied? You evidently filed an appeal. As part of that process, you went to an exam or QME, to determine some aspect of the medical portion of the claim. The insurance company had surveillance done and for some reason (you don't say why or for what purpose) you were given a copy of the edited footage from that surveillance. For reasons which are even less clear, you want all the unedited footage of the surveillance performed.

Do I have that right?

I can't imagine what good you think hours of video of you not doing much would serve. Not to mention, you are only entitled to the footage introduced as evidence, or planned to be used as evidence. Surveillance is incredibly common. IT is also legal. Standing on something to view a public space is legal.

It isn't clear why you don't have an attorney. In WC, you don't pay up front and the fees are set by law. To be frank, representing claimants is like shooting fish in a barrel as far as getting paid, so the only reasons an attorney would decline would be they are honestly too busy to take on another client, they don't handle WC, or your case is extremely weak. The bar is pretty low in WC, so a case doesn't have to be super strong to prevail and the burden is on the employer, not you.

×