AngelaK

Contract lacking signature

50 minutes ago, AngelaK said:

I signed a counter so am I bound?

You're bound if the buyer accepts your counter offer and signs it.

Once you made the counter offer your first contract was dead anyway so, no, it didn't matter that you didn't sign it.

We would have to see the relevant documents.  It is possible the counter included the terms of the original proposed contract by reference.  For instance, if your counter offer said simply that your offered price was different from the original offer.

5 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

It is possible the counter included the terms of the original proposed contract by reference. 

Good point.

Turns out that the counteroffer form provided by the Oklahoma Real Estate Commission does include the initial purchase contract by reference.

https://www.ok.gov/OREC/documents/Sellers Counteroffer (11-2014).pdf

However, it boggles my mind that OP didn't SEE the purchase contract so, presumably, didn't read and understand the provisions. Wonder how that happened and what, if any affect not signing it has on the current situation.

Then I think you have accepted the terms and conditions of the original contract by reference even though you didn't sign the original contract.

If your buyer comes back with a counter counteroffer, DO NOTHING until you carefully and thoroughly read and understand the original contract and then you can make a counter counter counteroffer addressing and eliminating or modifying the provisions that you don't like.

14 minutes ago, chatmonmom said:

My husband and I recently purchased a home, this was our first home purchase and everything went really fast with signing and everything. We had lived in the house for 2 weeks and the first rain storm we got we ended up flooding, after the fact we had been informed(by neighbors) of the homes history of flooding. When we went back and looked at the disclosures, the owner skipped over the questions asking about flooding. We missed this when signing but would have asked if wed been informed. 

The Realtors both worked for the same realty company and the realtor that listed the home had actually rented it for 2 years from the owner before listing it for sale so she also knew of the homes history of flooding and nothing was mentioned to us during the purchase of the home. Do we have any foot to stand on here. I have been told to reach out to an attorney because our realtor didn't represent us like he should have. What do we do if anything?

Please start your own thread. This is an old thread.