49sadbears@comcast.net

Sleep Number

I purchased a Sleep Number bed and was advised by the sales lady that my sleep number was 45.  When the bed was delivered and set at 45, it was lumpy and had no firmness.  I had to set it up to 100 and it still was not equivalent to the demonstration bed at the store.  I want to return the mattress which Sleep Number has agreed to take back as there was a 100 day trial period.  they will not take back the adjustable base which cost $3,500.00.  I would not be returning the mattress if it was the same as the demo one; but now I am stuck with the adjustable base as I signed a contract stating it was not returnable.  Why can't I get any help as it is obvious Sleep Number sold me a defective mattress knowing I would be stuck with the adjustable base which cost $3,500?  This is fraud as well as selling defective merchandise.  Can you help or direct me to someone who can help?  I contacted the Indiana State Attorney's Office, but did not get a positive response from them.  I look forward to a response.  Thank you for your time.

Come down off your high dudgeon.

There's nothing wrong with the adjustable base, just the mattress.

Try another mattress. The store is trying to make good on it. That's all you're entitled.

Change your screen name here or you'll get a million spams.

13 hours ago, 49sadbears@comcast.net said:

I am stuck with the adjustable base as I signed a contract stating it was not returnable.

Why did you do that?

Why can't I get any help as it is obvious [that the store] sold me a defective mattress knowing I would be stuck with the adjustable base which cost $3,500?

Help with what?  From whom have you sought and not obtained help to this point?  And, in any event, haven't you answered your own question:  "I signed a contract stating it was not returnable"?

This is fraud

No, it isn't.

as selling defective merchandise.

If the adjustable base is defective, you're entitled to have it replaced with one that isn't defective.  However, nothing in your post suggests that the base is defective.

Can you help or direct me to someone who can help?

The only thing that would "help" would be to go back in time and prevent you from signing the contract that says the base isn't returnable, but that obviously isn't possible.

×