Mhenrydavis

Guardianship

DCS is asking me if I want to take guardianship over this child I have. She’s 16 and her adoptive parents no longer want her. I have had her for 10 months. Guardianship would make me totally financially responsible for her with not assistance from the state. Isn’t that correct? 

1 hour ago, Mhenrydavis said:

DCS is asking me if I want to take guardianship over this child I have.

What do you mean when you say that you "have" this child?  Since this apparently isn't your child, how did you come to "have" her?

1 hour ago, Mhenrydavis said:

Guardianship would make me totally financially responsible for her with not assistance from the state. Isn’t that correct?

It would make you financially responsible.  Whether there is aid available from the state or any other source isn't something we can know.  However, typically, when the state places a child with a foster parent, the state provides financial compensation to the foster parent.

×
×