Sign in to follow this  
Fallguy

Ic error

13 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Fallguy said:

Is it unreasonable delay if IC mistakenly denied your claim with another claim?

Determining whether a delay is reasonable or unreasonable obviously requires knowing the details of the delay (e.g., how much time has passed between relevant events).  Also, what could it possibly mean to deny a claim with another claim?

1 hour ago, Fallguy said:

Am I better off requesting a hearing for benefits or requesting from IC?

Better off as opposed to what?

My claim was denied and it’s been over a year. I’ve only noticed recently that it was denied base on a different claim #. 

I &A says to file for hearing but it takes 4-6 weeks. 

As oppose to talking to adjuster see about clarifying the denial for no medical support when it was provided from their doctor

You really need to stop using acronyms like I & A.  Things aren't always named the same in each state.

Why did you wait over a year to question the denied claim?  

Have you talked to the adjuster at any time since the claim was denied?

What state are you in.

I was going through the process of Dwc and seeing qme. 

I was occupied with injury and having to adjust to it. I was also terminated so that added more on my plate so I never looked at the details of the denial letter.

I’m sure that I probably wouldn’t know it then because I didn’t know much about it. I’ve only recently understand a little bit about it.

i never recieved any benefits and I’m still ttd so I filing the form today to requesting a hearing for benefits while I wait for new qme by IC.

I speak acronym. You had a work place injury in the state of CA and filed a claim with the employer/insurer, which was denied a year ago. My suspicion is that the two claim numbers come from two different systems; one being the insurer's internal claim system, and the other being the state's designation. If your claim was denied over a year ago and you did not file an appeal, chances are the statute of limitations has run out and you can not longer pursue this claim. If you do, expect a very much uphill battle in doing so and expect to have to explain why you waited more than a year to do so. Unless you were so gravely injured it was impossible to do so, that is going to be a hurdle.

You've provided no details at all about the accident, the injury, your care, the claim, why you were terminated, why there was a delay, or anything else, so all I can tell you is to contact an attorney who handles WC in CA and seek their advice. There is a find a lawyer feature at the top of the page.

It’s appeal wcab. 

I went to their doctor for 8 weeks for therapy and they requested for 6 more weeks but it was denied. 

I was terminated the day I brought in dr note for modified duty. The reason was misconduct from a month before injury.

i stop going to therapy because I thought it was tied with employer but the clinic called and said I can finish the treatment. It was 2-3 months until that doctor said my claim was denied.

There was a lot of delay after for mri that took 3-4 months.