xander6th

im tired of getting hurt and doing nothing

6 posts in this topic

I have been injured at work several times, concussion & whiplash from  a propane explosion. years later spinal fusion for degenerative disc disease "maybe work injury related" and now lower back injury that caused a pinched nerve at the least, leading to loss of feeling in my foot and lower back pain & now even more, upper back pain! the dr says he does not believe the 2 back issues are related but not fully sure without x-rays. im in physical therapy now. should i consult a lawyer? 

It's always a good idea to consult with a workers comp attorney to make sure your rights are protected. But except in very, very rare situations where the employer's behavior is exceptionally egregious, workers compensation is your sole remedy. You cannot, in a workers comp situation, sue your employer or find them legally liable for anything except your medical bills and lost wages. 

1 hour ago, xander6th said:

is it a good idea to have a lawyer when going thru workers comp?

Given your injuries and difficulties it would be a good idea. You would still be limited to WC benefits but a WC lawyer might get you additional benefits if your condition and possible disability are in dispute.