tim v

if i dont ask for a lawyer in court will the case be scrapped if there isnt one present for the trial

You are not giving us a whole lot of facts to work with.  Such as, was the charge(s) a misdemeanor or felony?  Did the court ask you if you were waiving your right to counsel?  What was your answer?  Was there a trial or did you plead guilty?  How do you expect anyone to believe you "forgot" to ask for a lawyer?

1 hour ago, tim v said:

so if someone I was sentencing didn't ask for a lawyer until the trial was finished they couldn't scrap all charges on them

In your first post, you asked about a situation in which you were "sentenced and . . . forgot to ask for a lawyer," now you're asking about "someone [you were] sentencing."  Are you a judge?  If not, you're not sentencing anyone.

Who are "they" and "them," and what does "scrap all charges" mean.

I don't know if this is a hypothetical situation or something that actually happened to you, but I'll assume the latter.  What were you charged with?  When you first appeared in court, were you advised of your rights, including your right to counsel (unless the case against you was so minor that you weren't entitled to counsel)?  If so, how did you respond to the judge's question whether you understood your rights?  What does "forgot to ask for a lawyer" mean?  How could you "forget" that until after the trial was over and you were sentenced?  What was the sentence you were given?

No, if you were a judge and someone "forgot" to ask for a lawyer (which I assume means thought he could do it all on his own without incurring the expense of a lawyer and found out the hard way he was wrong) until after he was sentenced, you could not then scrap the charges.

Nor can, or will, another judge scrap your charges because you "forgot" to ask for a lawyer.

I hope this is now clear to you.