gaborn83

GA adoption process

hey all.im trying to find out the process of adopting in ga.me and my wife hace her sisters child.wife has had him since birth and the father signed rights away long ago.the mother is fully willing to sign.

i guess my question is what is the process.our county court house says they do not have the papers for this.they suggested a lawyer but weve recently bought a house for us and a couple thousand is to much for us at moment.is there a cheaper way to do this? id appreciate any help.

I agree with the prior response, and it's worth pointing out that, (1) to the best of my knowledge, no Georgia attorneys follow these boards, and (2) it would be impossible or impractical to try and summarize the adoption "process" on an internet message board.

×
×