Pyllis  Rice

Deeds given to buyer at time contract signed

After the lawyer prepared the sales contract and at the signing gave the buyer the deed to the house he was buying.  Is This legal and if not what can I do to get my house back after the buyer broke the contract several by not paying the monthly payments

10 hours ago, Pyllis Rice said:

After the lawyer prepared the sales contract and at the signing gave the buyer the deed to the house he was buying.

This is an incomplete sentence, so I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say.  Whose lawyer are you referring to?

10 hours ago, Pyllis Rice said:

Is This legal

Is what legal?

Is it legal for a "lawyer [to] prepare[] [a] sales contract"?   Of course it is.  Preparing contracts is one of the most fundamental things that lawyers do.

Is it legal for a lawyer to give a "buyer the deed" at "the signing" (whatever that means)?  Sure.  Why would you think it might not be legal?

10 hours ago, Pyllis Rice said:

what can I do to get my house back after the buyer broke the contract several by not paying the monthly payments

Only someone who has read the contract can answer this question intelligently.  I suggest you consult with a local attorney for advice.

9 hours ago, pg1067 said:

Is what legal?  is it legal for my  lawyer,  ( I am the original owner)  who prepared my  contract, to give the warranty deed to the buyer the day  he signed the contract?  Before he has paid for the property?  I always thought you received  the warranty deed AFTER the property was paid for and not before.

Is it legal for a lawyer to give a "buyer the deed" at "the signing" (whatever that means)?  Sure.  Why would you think it might not be legal?  Should the Lawyer  give the buyer the deed before he has paid for the property?  I thought you received the DEED after the property was paid for not before.   The "signing" is the day we signed the contract

Edited by Pyllis Rice
so that I could explain it better (hopefully) what I meant.

×
×