Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lshorty

Misdemenor A jail time?

10 posts in this topic

Been charged with Fraudulent use of a credit card (<=2500$),  first ever charge, no criminal background, 23 years old, just wondering what are the chances that there will be jail time if found guilty.

Share this post


Link to post

There is an 87.6321% chance.

 

Seriously...you didn't even identify your state, which might allow someone to look up the crime with which you've been charged to tell you the range of possible sentences.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, pg1067 said:

There is an 87.6321% chance.

 

Seriously...you didn't even identify your state, which might allow someone to look up the crime with which you've been charged to tell you the range of possible sentences.

Wisconsin, Outagamie county.

Share this post


Link to post

According to this, you're looking at up to 9 months in jail and a fine up to $10k.

 

Only a local criminal defense attorney will be able to advise you about likely outcomes and strategies for defending your case and possibly avoiding incarceration.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, pg1067 said:

According to this, you're looking at up to 9 months in jail and a fine up to $10k.

 

Only a local criminal defense attorney will be able to advise you about likely outcomes and strategies for defending your case and possibly avoiding incarceration.

Yeah I could of easily looked that up, I was kind of hoping for some responses from people who have had similar experiences and what there outcomes were, but thank you.

Share this post


Link to post

 

41 minutes ago, Lshorty said:

Yeah I could of easily looked that up, I was kind of hoping for some responses from people who have had similar experiences and what there outcomes were, but thank you.

The odds on a statistically significant number of 23 year old people charged with first offense fraudulent use of a credit card in Outagamie county reading and responding to your question are pretty slim.  You need to consult a local criminal lawyer for a valid opinion.

Share this post


Link to post

The chances of someone who was similarly charged in Wisconsin, Outagamie county are between slim and none.  so the advise to speak with a local defense attorney is  the best we can give.

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, doucar said:

The chances of someone who was similarly charged in Wisconsin, Outagamie county are between slim and none.  so the advise to speak with a local defense attorney is  the best we can give.

So if the chances are slim to none for going to jail, is the sentence just Probabtion and pay some fines?

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, Lshorty said:

So if the chances are slim to none for going to jail, is the sentence just Probabtion and pay some fines?

That is not what we said!  We said the chances are slim to none that someone in your situation would respond here are slim to none.  That doesn't mean there are no people convicted of that crime who  have been sentenced to jail.

 

Also, whether a person like ou will go to jail depends on a lot of factors we don't know. Such as, whose credit card was it, why did you use it, for what purpose did you use it, whether you have or can make restitution, and what kind of day is the judge having.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lshorty said:

I was kind of hoping for some responses from people who have had similar experiences and what there outcomes were, but thank you.

 

As the prior responses have indicated, the likelihood of someone who has been through a similar or identical situation (either in your county even in the State of Wisconsin) happening upon this thread are incredibly small.

 

Hence my statement that you need to speak with a local attorney who will know the tendencies of the local judges.  To the best of my knowledge, none of the regulars here are from Wisconsin, much less the county you mentioned.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×