Sign in to follow this  
Louise

Small Business Harassment & Discrimination

3 posts in this topic

Small business what can I do about my situation. I been harassed by doctor I work for. I got hired with out signing anything that confirms my pay, start date just a packet I needed to read that didn’t explain much about what I was to learn. I was ask during the 10 min interview if I spoke Spanish I stated no. I didn’t think I got the job and was called 2 weeks later. After two weeks I felt really offended by how doctor would talk to me and he did it in front of other coworkers and patients. It’s been almost a year next month September 2018 and it has only gotten worse and intense very toxic no direction or communication just pressure and negative energy. I was out a week and a half starting from 07/19/2018 to 07/31/2018  I ended up going to hospital because I had signs of what I thought was a mild stroke, the doctor explain it wasn’t , but was concerned about what was going on in my life. First thing came to mind was my job has been very uncomfortable to go to I never knew what to expect, he said if I didn’t start looking for another job I could end up coming back. They did a few test and was diagnosed with sever anxiety due to job. And also confirmed I was pregnant and my hormones could possibly be playing a part. He said I probably should follow up with another doctor about my anxiety because it can harm my health. So I had a few appointments the week of July 23 2018 to terminate pregnancy it was a very big decision for me , and made me very sad. When I came back I was greeted by doctor as usual with rude comment why I was there 20 minuets early, mind you I never got a key but the other three employees do. I ask a few times and was given the run around. However two of the employees are new one received a key the same day she started, I believe because she is Friend of family and same nationality as well. Anyway when i went to sit at my desk that I been sitting at since day one I noticed the recent coworker who was hired recently had all her stuff on my desk. I was very upset and confused of my things being moved with out my knowledge. I ask the doctor why my things were moved he said she ask and she is gonna stay there now permanently. I then ask him again as I did before in past what was the reason for his harassment well I work why he treated me disrespectful. He waived his hand like leave his office saying no I treat you all equal. After coming back from hospital and miscarriage I was shock how I was treated when I returned. I spoke with doctors wife after and had also told her what I ask the doctor she got upset And said he is the sweetest man she don’t know him to be ugly to anyone and said

she didn’t want to here it. I stuck it out even though the other employees were making things more uncomfortable and harassing me every hour what I was doing and again I was working it was just them working on forcing me to quit or get back to them in a angry way but I had sucked it up the whole time working here. Wednesday, August 1 the doctor was at another hospital for the whole day and around 3 o’clock I was confronted by two of the employees there I was threatened because one of them thought she was being recorded by me and the other one had antagonized by telling her I did and I will go to prison and lose my kids , I didn’t care about my kids and that if I didn’t get that stuff off my phone that she would hack in my phone or have somebody else hack it. I ask her to never bring my kids up that wasn’t okay and a touchy subject. She said shut up if I did not want to get fired , basically she could tell supervisor any little thing and they would believe her. I got up and left because of her continuing and I really didn’t feel like being treated or talk to that way especially after a miscarriage over the weekend. And because my heart was racing and anxiety kicked in I found it heard to breathe I felt hot and needed to leave before I allowed them to push me so that i would be the one to blame or what ever they had been trying to do to me. As I was walking out I was told I had to wait for supervisor and I didn’t say a word I text supervisor and told her I left because of the way I was treated and talked to by employees being threatened of a job and going to prison and loosing my kid’s for no reason. All she text back 15 min later was why I was on my way to talk to you. I explain I had to leave because my health I just went through a tuff weekend and still am affected by the decision i had to make. I didn’t here back from her she waited till following day and all she did was  text me at noon I was suspended till she got back Monday. I was shocked and said for what she never talked with me just took the employees side, she then text back something like because of my behavior in office. I replied and said wow you never even talk with me about what happened. Well the other two were still there getting paid. There is more I left out I don’t know what to do can someone help me or direct me. I am really screwed financially I am late on my rent and other bills because not getting paid when we’ll being out due to good reason. 

Most states are at will.what state are you in?

With that said, you didn't have a miscarriage, you had an abortion. They are completely different. Unless you had STD insurance, it was your prerogative to be out.