Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
glyons

seller bombed

7 posts in this topic

buyer seller sign purchase agreement which was prepared by sellers attorney...buyer seller both sign closing documents....deed is now in buyers name....buyer cannot move into home since seller did not evict tenants from home he sold before or by close date....what are buyers options and rights??.......seller did not honor purchase agreement since as is did not include tenants........we closed on a home that seller did not make available to buyer......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, glyons said:

??.......seller did not honor purchase agreement since as is did not include tenants

 

Wait a minute. What does that mean?

 

Did your purchase contract specify that the seller was to deliver the house to you tenant free? Yes or no.

 

If it didn't, then you bought yourself a rental and getting rid of the tenants is your problem.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, adjusterjack said:

 

Wait a minute. What does that mean?

 

Did your purchase contract specify that the seller was to deliver the house to you tenant free? Yes or no.

 

If it didn't, then you bought yourself a rental and getting rid of the tenants is your problem.

 

 

we were aware he had tenants,to which he told us they would be evicted......we did not purchase a rental we purchased a primary home for ourselves......there were no attachments stating that it was up to us to evict his tenants with whom he was in a month to month lease with....the tenants were aware the house was being sold......his month to month rental was not part of the purchase agreement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when we  both signed the purchase agreement,we were given45 days to close.....we closed in 30 days....he had sufficient time to give the tenants notice and the eviction.....we held up our end of said purchase agreement,the seller did not!!!!....I would not have signed closing documents had I known the seller hadn't given his tenants an eviction or date to vacate home by.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you knew, what he knew, what the realtor knew, what the tenant knew, none of that means squat.

 

It's what is in your contract that counts and you haven't answered my question so let's try it again.

 

Did your purchase contract specify that the seller was to deliver the house to you tenant free?

 

Yes or no.

 

It's a simple question.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation (ellipses are not all-purpose punctuation).  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

 

 

On 8/4/2018 at 11:37 AM, glyons said:

what are buyers options and rights?

 

I have to assume the buyer has more options than I have time to list, and creating or attempting to create a list of rights would serve no useful purpose.  Suffice to say that we obviously have no idea what the contract said in terms of whose responsibility it was to deal with the tenants.

 

 

On 8/4/2018 at 6:44 PM, glyons said:

we were aware he had tenants,to which he told us they would be evicted......we did not purchase a rental we purchased a primary home for ourselves......there were no attachments stating that it was up to us to evict his tenants with whom he was in a month to month lease with....the tenants were aware the house was being sold......his month to month rental was not part of the purchase agreement

 

You didn't answer the question asked:  Did the contract between you and the seller require the seller to evict the tenants before escrow closed (or at least start the process)?  Yes or no.

 

 

On 8/4/2018 at 6:53 PM, glyons said:

when we  both signed the purchase agreement,we were given45 days to close.....we closed in 30 days....he had sufficient time to give the tenants notice and the eviction.

 

30 days isn't even close to enough time to evict a tenant.  30 days is barely enough time to give the required notice (assuming the tenants are month-to-month).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×