savagelegalresearch

Federal Proceduresin Criminal Case

I am confused on some of the legal terms and what they mean or are in reference...

1) Motions in Limeline? I am confused on what this exactly means .

I was also wondering, how on an (8) eight person indictment, how the very last person on  an

indictment can go to court and be charged first before  anyone else on the indictment?

Please don't post in all italics or any other odd font or style.  It makes what you write harder to read.

10 hours ago, savagelegalresearch said:

Motions in Limeline? I am confused on what this exactly means 

As Tom Cruise taught us in A Few Good Men, "a motion in limine [is a motion] seeking to obtain an evidentiary ruling in advance" of trial.  More specifically, it seeks an order that the other party may not mention or seek to offer something into evidence.

10 hours ago, savagelegalresearch said:

I was also wondering, how on an (8) eight person indictment, how the very last person on  an

indictment can go to court and be charged first before  anyone else on the indictment?

This makes no sense as phrased.  If an indictment is issued for eight persons, then all eight are being indicted at the same time.  The order in which the eight persons are listed on the indictment is likely of no relevance to anything.

Thank you so much for your responses. I always thought that they were tried as they were listed or as they were arrested and charged. The first person to go to trial was the lowest one on the "chain" so to say.  As I was sitting here doing my legal research on a buddy of mines case I got a little turned around and confused.