Sign in to follow this  
DonnaCase

Time off

Who would i contact about making sure my husband receives the plea conditions he was offered for testifying and helping us marshals and ATF in thier case. Attorney wont reply. Outta site outta mind as far as he is concerned.

No one is likely going to discuss the case with you other than your husband's attorney.  If you can't get the attorney to respond, call his/her secretary and schedule an appointment or just show up at the office.  If your husband is not incarcerated, he should do these things.

Thank you for the reply.... My husband is 11hrs away doing 10yrs,he has served 3. I have called,just showed up several times and this lawyer is very good at evading people. His secretary covers for him,altho she is a very sweet woman on the phone. My husband has written him several times to no avail. It is often left on the spouse to do these things. I go often to the court house trying to catch his lawyer. Theres got to be someone that will send me in right direction. The ball is always passed on to someone else. 

If he has a plea deal, then when he is sentenced, he should get what was agreed to.  Until then, he just has to wait.  If the sentence isn't what was agreed to, he is free to withdraw his plea.  Generally in federal cases, the deal is in writing so there's no question. 

Showing up at the court house randomly is not the way to go. You aren't the client and your husband not his only client. When he is there, he is not going to drop everything and look into your husband's situation. Schedule a time to speak with him, though it isn't clear why you need to do so. Are there conditions that have not actually been met? Or do you just want someone to reassure you that what was agreed upon will be upheld?