Becky

Privacy invasion

I've had my personal information, such as name, address and family photos posted on a public Facebook page. I've also been falsely accused of writing for a hateful blog by the very same people. My husband is a corrections officer and my name and address is out there for all to see. Can anything be done?

13 minutes ago, Becky said:

I've had my personal information, such as name, address and family photos posted on a public Facebook page.

Posted by whom?  What were the circumstances (abridged version, please)?

14 minutes ago, Becky said:

Can anything be done?

Lots of things can be done.  Among the more obvious would be contacting Facebook and the moderator(s) of the page where this stuff was posted.

I did report it.  The circumstances are: someone didn't like that they were being blogged about and for whatever reason they got it in their head that I write for said blog and they retaliated. I do NOT write for this blog

Names and addresses can be found on any number of public sites, not to mention the phone book. Someone putting it on their site is not illegal. If your photos were not privacy protected then anyone can access them. I'd limit what goes online and make sure your privacy settings are such that what is out there can only be seen by those you want to have access.

×