Sign in to follow this  
jose ruiz

Client

2 posts in this topic

hello my name is Jose , My house was foreclose on January 19th 2017. MY house was sold for $49 and some change  I only owed the bank $280. An attorney called me and told me that there was a surplus of money do the foreclosure .He offered his services. I was really unsure of what was going on.  i agreed to hire him. On january 23dr he sent me three forms via email. We agreed on 20% contingency fee. That night that attorney emailed me the docs And on the message it says "we will work for 15% cont fee. I received a contingency fee agreement that said 15% an a release doc and claim of surplus doc. The next day he sent a notary person to my house. He had the same forms that he had emailed me. So  i thought they where . Because i thought that the forms where the same ones i sign them. The notary guy was in a hurry. Ok on july 2nd 2018  called to see how everything was going he said he had my check ready i just need it to sign a release dock. I started to read it and this  was different. This one said that we agreed on 20% and some where toward the last page there was another 10% fee. This was if my case went to interpleader action. I signed this docs thinking it was 15 percent.This attorney charged me total of 30 %. I have not seen any court docks he never called me to ask me any question wen I would call him he would tell me to call back because he didn't have my case  with him.   I requested him to forward me all court docks and detailed billing and services rendered.I feel like I've been taking advantage of. Is this something i got to live with or is there a case here of breach of contract. Please let me know soon     Jose  

If you signed stuff without reading and understanding what you were signing then, yeah, it's a mistake you probably just have to live with.

You can go to the courthouse, look up your case and get copies of everything in the file, take that and copies of whatever you signed, and go see another lawyer.

This time make damned sure you read and understand the fee agreement before you hire him.