Heather0803

Can I Sue For Medical Negligence (Mesa AZ)

I was prescribed trazadone for sleep while I was in Lifewell Behavioral Wellness, it's a treatment program. I was taking Prozac 20mg for depression and Propranolol 10mg for anxiety. I was having trouble sleeping so the psychiatrist that works for the treatment center knowingly and intelligently knew which meds I was on already and so she prescribed me 100mg of Trazadone. Well the following morning after taking this I nearly fainted, 3x before I decided I need to go to the hospital. 

I go to the Emergency room and I explain the issue and they ask me how many mg was the trazadone I took and I said 100mg and the doctor and nurse both reacted amazed and shocked, they claimed if I were to take trazadone to start out at 12.5mg for my first time. 

Not only that, but he realized I'm on Prozac and Propranolol which both drugs DO NOT RECOMMEND combining with Trazadone, period. The photo attached to this will explain as to why.. 

I had an ekg, blood tests, urine tests, stuck on the heart monitor, and given fluids and pain medication for the migraine that included itself in all this... 

I was at the hospital for 10 hours to restabalize. My pulse was between 47-55 and at one point of the BP check, my BP was 89/something... I want to sue not only the doctor who did this but the treatment facility who encouraged her. 

Please let me know how to go about this. 

received_1657005177731886.jpeg

Even if there was indeed malpractice here (and you won't know that for sure until an expert reviews the medical records) all you get in a medical malpractice lawsuit is compensation for the actual harm suffered as a result. Here, it sounds like the only problem you suffered from this was a single trip to the ER. The ER stabilized you, the problem was corrected and that was it. If that is indeed what happened, all you could win in the lawsuit is reimbursement for whatever you paid for that ER visit. It could well be that the expenses of suing for malpractice would exceed what you would win. Consult a medical malpractice attorney to review everything and advise you whether you have something worth going after.

Yes, you can

Basic steps on how to file a medical negligence case
Step 1: Identify the jurisdiction where the complaint is to be filed. 

Step 2: Draft a complaint which contains all the important facts like the cause of action, the loss suffered, and the amount claimed. It should also have the name and address of both the patient, doctor and the hospital.

Step 3: File the copies of the evidence and the supporting documents. They should include the prescription, bill of the medicines purchased, bill of the hospital, medical reports and any other relevant records. 

Step 4: Besides compensation, victims can also ask for the refunds, losses, lawsuit costs, and interest amount.

Step 5: Lastly, the lawyers of both parties will explain their sides before the court. 

Furthermore, the victims of medical negligence must file a lawsuit within a period of 2 years’ maximum.

The procedure outline in response to the poster is incorrect in two aspects:

First, it is not necessary, or even appropriate, to submit evidence with the complaint

Second, and most important, the plaintiff must also submit a statement by a qualified expert in the field of health care that, in his or her opinion, the health care practitioner failed to provide the relevant standard of care in the case.  Hiring an expert witness to provide such a statement will usually cost thousands of dollars.  Please see Arizona Revised Statutes section 12-2602

4 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

The procedure outline in response to the poster is incorrect in two aspects

Not surprising since "ThakreP" is a spammer from India and this thread is over 15 months old....

×
×