Jump to content

Public Defender

2 posts in this topic

Finishing a Federal Sentence but has Bench Warrant and DOC hold and has filed a motion for a right to speedy.  It has been over 100 days since it was entered in the courts.  When can he exercise his right to legal court appointed attorney to file motion to dismiss?  Does he get to receive legal counsel with the DOC hold which he is not aware of what the charges are.  His Federal release is is August 2nd, 2018.  That is less than 60 days out. Or is there not rights on time frames and no legal counsel since currently serving a sentence?  He is in the same state as Bench Warrant, and DOC that he was being supervised by.  He is currently housed in the next county over from mentioned above. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now