chevybtch

Sole custody of child

My cousin is pregnant in jail the father wants nothing to do with the child and she isn’t able to care for the child even upon release I am willing to care for child and have sole custody and raise the child as my own she will sign whatever needed to agree that I care for her child she doesn’t want the baby to end up in foster care she wants me to care for it so he stays with someone she trusts and within our family both her parents are deceased and I’m the closest family member willing to care for child as it was my own what papers need to be filed and can it be done out of court by a lawyer or notery she is due in 3months p

Punctuation is your friend. A notary is useless. Your cousin can certainly allow the baby to live with anyone she chooses. If you are interested in adopting the baby, you really, really, need to consult an attorney to guide you through the process.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation.  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

15 hours ago, chevybtch said:

My cousin is pregnant in jail the father wants nothing to do with the child

I assume you mean the person your cousin assumes is the father.  Unless she and this man are married, there's no way for paternity to be established until the child is born (at least no practical way).  Of course, maybe this man was your cousin's only sexual partner, but anyway.

15 hours ago, chevybtch said:

what papers need to be filed and can it be done out of court by a lawyer or notery

A notary would be about as useful as a paleontologist.  If you're looking to adopt the child, then you should consult with a local attorney who handles adoptions.  If you're not looking to adopt, then you'll have to contact the local social services agency.