demoman70

want to adopt child with special needs.

4 posts in this topic

we have a child in our care he has lived with us for around 4 years now he is 7. his parents gave us POA  they can not and will not support him in any way. we want to adopt him .he has many special needs. so we want him to be under the special needs adoption . were as it is paid for. but problem is he is not in system  .so social services can not do anything . his dad has not see him in over 6 months and has no giving us any money to help with expenes ever . he is willing to give up his rights.mom is in treatment center been in and out several years drank and did drugs while pregant with him . she can not take care of her self let alone her son. she has not helped to support him either. she is willing to give up her rights to. so they can not provide food or housing for him. the POA ran out june 6 2018. so right now we dont have POA leagly now either. we would like to adopt him under the special needs adoption in  wis but they sat he can not because he is not in the system.. WE ARE LOST DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO????

Adoption laws are state specific and I don't believe any attorneys from Wisconsin follow these boards at this time. So the best way for you to get accurate answers, is to contact an adoption attorney in Wisconsin on Monday and get the process started. In the three states I have practiced in, a child does not have to be in the "system" to be adopted.

Not really sure what we're supposed to make of your post.  Despite putting four question marks at the end of your post, you didn't actually ask any questions.  All that being said, adoption is not a good do-it-yourself project.  Hire a local attorney to help you.

I assume you are talking about a program which reimburses certain costs associated with adopting children in the foster care system who have special needs. This child is not in the foster care system. I can't tell what exactly you are trying to do here. Are you trying to get this child placed in foster care? Or just adopt him and aren't willing to pay the legal fees associated with very nearly every adoption?