Rixy4buiz

Need help asap

I have a disposition coming up and my public defender said prosecuter wants me to do 90 days and a mistermineor larceny ($90 worth) cause of past history. I did 120 days 2 years ago for  larceny but haven't been in trouble since now if I hire lawyer and fire public defender can they give me new court date and if I hire someone will jail time still be a sure thing?

9 hours ago, Rixy4buiz said:

if I hire lawyer and fire public defender can they give me new court date and if I hire someone will jail time still be a sure thing?

First of all, a public defender is a lawyer, and, if you have the ability to pay for a private attorney, I'm surprised a public defender was appointed for you.  Anyway...

I'm not sure who "they" are, but whether or not the court will reschedule your "disposition" date is entirely up to the court.  Only a local attorney will be able to advise you about that.

Whether jail time is a possibility or "a sure thing" has nothing to do with whether you have a private attorney or a public defender.

It depends on the speed with which the police officer and magistrate can write but probably at least ten minutes.