Sign in to follow this  
outofelement

Witenesses Speaking at Sentencing

In Oregon, the victim of the crime (or if the victim is deceased, the victim's next of kin) has a right to speak at the sentencing hearing. The victim also has the right to submit a victim impact statement to the court. The defendant also has a right to speak at his/her sentencing hearing.

Other than the victim and defendant, the prosecutor and/or defense attorney might call other witnesses to testify as well. It is up to the judge to decide which witnesses to allow and which ones to prohibit if the defense and prosecutor cannot agree on the matter. 

if you you wish to know something more than just these very basic things, ask specifically about whatever it is that is on your mind. Is there a particular concern you have about some upcoming sentencing? 

On 6/1/2018 at 10:41 PM, outofelement said:

Why do you think I have posted these questions.

As far as I can see, you only asked a single question, and I assume you asked it because you wanted to know the answer.  The problem is that you asked an incredible general question that is unique to a particular state.  To the best of my knowledge, no criminal attorneys from Oregon post here.  Did you read any of the articles generated by the link I posted?  If so, and if none of those articles told you what you wanted to know, what exactly is it that you wanted to know?