litebeams

Neighbor allows a person living in a motor home

Across the street from me 50 ft maybe my neighbor is allowing a homeless woman whom someone gave a motor home to to use his bathroom, electricity, and live outside his fence on a corner on the easement at the corner of my street and the one across from my driveway,  police say some state tertiary law prevents them from moving her at least from living out of the trailer.   She has friends there and their cars, and her dog.  She is there all the time for 7 weeks now.  She's even asked me to shut off my porch light earlier!

I cannot find this law that supposedly prevents police from moving people who are living among tax paying homeowners I'm the one who has to look at here day in and day out as she is right at my door and driveway not the guy who says she is down on her luck.   She also has a car newer than mine parked behind her motor home.

IMG_6073.JPG

She's not homeless. She has a home. She just drives around in it.

If the police won't do anything, they won't do anything. Finding a law or not finding a law isn't going to change that.

A better bet would be to call your city code department and have them check it out. There may be city ordinances about parking it on private property and living in it.

I’d be mad as well. There must be some type of code enforcement that prevents this woman from living in her motor home that interferes with you’re home. Asking you to turn off your porch light is so nervy.

i, like you, live in California and I know that my neighbors aren’t allowed to park their motor homes on the street for longer than three days. They can certainly park it on their side yard though.

I would certainly contact the Parking Enforcement as well as seeking out city codes. This isn’t a “home” and shouldn’t infringe on you!

On 5/26/2018 at 5:18 PM, litebeams said:

on the easement

Please articulate exactly what this means.  What "easement."  Who has an easement over your neighbor's property?

police say some state tertiary law prevents them from moving her at least from living out of the trailer.

Never heard of such a thing as a "tertiary law."  Are you sure that's what you meant to type?

I cannot find this law that supposedly prevents police from moving people who are living among tax paying homeowners

Why would you think there would be a law making it illegal for a property owner to allow a guest to use the property?

I'm the one who has to look at here day in and day out

"Has to look"?  What makes you believe you are under any obligation to look?

She also has a car newer than mine parked behind her motor home.

So...you're jealous?

You didn't ask a question, so I'm unsure what the point of your post is.  Nothing you've described suggests anything illegal is occurring.  It's possible that the arrangement is violating some local zoning law, but we obviously have no way of knowing about that since you didn't identify your locality.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:34 PM, SammieGIrl said:

There must be some type of code enforcement that prevents this woman from living in her motor home that interferes with you’re home.

Why "must" there be something like this?  And what makes you think the presence of the motor home is "interfering" with the OP in any way.  The original post certainly doesn't say anything like that.

On 5/27/2018 at 5:34 PM, SammieGIrl said:

i, like you, live in California and I know that my neighbors aren’t allowed to park their motor homes on the street for longer than three days. They can certainly park it on their side yard though.

First, isn't that exactly what's happening here?  Second, any law that prohibits parking a motor home in the street for longer than X days is a local law, not a state law.

On 5/27/2018 at 8:34 PM, SammieGIrl said:

I’d be mad as well. There must be some type of code enforcement that prevents this woman from living in her motor home that interferes with you’re home. Asking you to turn off your porch light is so nervy.

I would certainly contact the Parking Enforcement as well as seeking out city codes. This isn’t a “home” and shouldn’t infringe on you!

I used to live in California, your attitude is why I don't anymore. Everyone imposing their will on others. The idea that what someone does privately on their property affecting you or your property value is not true. 

I recently got my asking price for the house I sold. Not one of the thousands of comments were about anything the neighbors were doing. One neighbor works on cars so he has 20 or so on his property. One neighbor was running meth lab that was busted. Neither items had any effect on my property value.

The only thing that does affect property value is if someone turned their home into a store or factory or bar etc.

What are you really upset about? Her nice car? If you want a nicer car, get one.  Unless she starts letting her dog poop on your yard you have no issue. She could be someone who travels around visiting friends and family. I have friends and family all over, and when I do go to visit it could be for 6 months or years. 

Did she complain about your light because you are being judgmental? How about getting to know her. Looks like a nice well kept camper. As far as I see you have no problem.