ccquestions

help to start a buisness

I've got a great business idea but I have one problem, I don't know what to do next. I want to start a cafe but with a twist. I want to know the legal process of starting a business like this but I don't want to pay a lot for an attorney.  I have my business plan set up and know exactly what I want it to be like I just don't know what to do to actually make it happen once I find the right place. Is there something that I can go to that will be with me step by step through the legal process that is not an attorney or is there an easy way to do it by myself?

6 hours ago, ccquestions said:

I've got a great business idea but I have one problem, I don't know what to do next. I want to start a cafe but with a twist. I want to know the legal process of starting a business like this but I don't want to pay a lot for an attorney.  I have my business plan set up and know exactly what I want it to be like I just don't know what to do to actually make it happen once I find the right place. Is there something that I can go to that will be with me step by step through the legal process that is not an attorney or is there an easy way to do it by myself?

Not knowing what your idea is, it is hard to tell you exactly what you'll need. But for a starting point, try the Small Business Administration (SBA). It can refer you to a business mentor that can provide you some free advice to get you started. 

You don't need an attorney to start a business.  Many businesses are owned and operated by individuals or families without any elaborate legal background.  What you do need is a whole lot of money.  You need to lease the premises where you will operate your cafe, build it out to your specifications, buy or lease the necessary equipment, and hire staff.

Legally, you probably need to get a business license and zoning approval and you are good to go.  You might want to consider creating a limited liability company although you don't have to to operate the business.  Check with your local librarian for "How to" books.

Use a search engine to do a search on the phrase "how to start a business" and you will find much information.

Talk to business owners (or email them) in your local area or online business that are similar to the type of business you want to run, for input/ideas from them.