HolyGhost7

mineral rights

Original owner sold property in 2006 to another party. Mineral rights did not transfer due to "10 year" mineral rights. They in turn sell property to me, but it has been over that said 10 years at this point. Are the mineral rights to said property that I now own mine?

40 minutes ago, HolyGhost7 said:

Original owner sold property in 2006 to another party

What does "original owner" mean.  The "original owner" of property in Louisiana was probably one of the Kings of France or some "native American" tribe (the extent any of the tribes in that area recognized the concept of property ownership).  I assume that you meant that the person who owned it prior to 2006 (let's call him Sam) sold it in 2006 (to a person we'll call Dave).

45 minutes ago, HolyGhost7 said:

Mineral rights did not transfer due to "10 year" mineral rights.

The concept of mineral rights not transferring makes sense, but this sentence does not otherwise make any sense.  Are you saying that the deed Sam gave to Dave in 2006 expressly reserved mineral rights?  Did Sam actually own the mineral rights?  Was there anything in the deed by which Sam acquired the property relating to mineral rights?

47 minutes ago, HolyGhost7 said:

They in turn sell property to me

I assume "they" refer to Dave.  Right?

47 minutes ago, HolyGhost7 said:

Are the mineral rights to said property that I now own mine?

There's no conceivable way to address this question without having read the deeds from Sam to Dave and from Dave to you and any other relevant documentation.  At a minimum, you'll need to quote the deed that Sam  gave to Dave word-for-word (with actual names changed or removed).