Directionrequired

Harrassment

6 posts in this topic

Not sure if this is the appropriate Topic on which to post this.

Looking for a DC lawyer to discuss suit brought by DC resident against my son, claiming harassment and causing emotional distress, posting words and images on social media. Named with a high profile offender, with an unpopular point-of-view; my son's involvement is minor, relatively. 

Difficult to locate anyone with knowledge of how to proceed; time is of the essence. 

Click on "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page and search for a lawyer in the District of Columbia.  It is nor clear what you mean by "discuss suit" but you may be able to arrange a free initial consultation.  Why is time of the essence?

1 hour ago, RetiredinVA said:

Click on "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page and search for a lawyer in the District of Columbia.  It is nor clear what you mean by "discuss suit" but you may be able to arrange a free initial consultation.  Why is time of the essence?

He is given 21 days to reply, and located on the other coast.  

36 minutes ago, pg1067 said:

Also, unless your son is a minor, he needs to hire the attorney to defend him in the lawsuit, not you.

He is 21, and needs help in finding someone.  It is not something he (or I) are adept at, especially located far from the jurisdiction.   

Are you saying that he's being sued in a court in a state other than where he resides?

If yes, he might be able to get out from under this on the grounds that the court doesn't have "personal jurisdiction" (google it) over him.

However, he will need a lawyer if he wants to get it right.

The closest type of lawyer that I can think of is one who defends defamation lawsuits. Try a couple of those for starters.