Wismer

RFE affidavit sample letter

Hi. After waiting patiently for over 7 months to hear back on our I-129F application, we got what looks to me like a simple form letter "RFE" demanding even further definitive proof that we have been in a long term relationship (my fiancee got the letter, as she is the petitioner). Can anyone please help with a recommendation of an affidavit letter format so that we can get a couple who know us well to execute it and get that back to USCIS? If pictures and airline tickets and passport stamps et al are not enough, I am not certain what else may help. However, we are not giving up. We've known each other since grade school and have been given a chance for a new and happy life together. If there is any additional advice or suggestions on truly acceptable 'evidence', we would appreciate the knowledge. As an aside, we signed up for the email/text alerts on the USCIS site last fall, and are curious as to why we did not get an alert for this hurdle. Many thanks.

17 minutes ago, Wismer said:

Can anyone please help with a recommendation of an affidavit letter format so that we can get a couple who know us well to execute it and get that back to USCIS? If pictures and airline tickets and passport stamps et al are not enough, I am not certain what else may help.  If there is any additional advice or suggestions on truly acceptable 'evidence', we would appreciate the knowledge.

A marriage certificate is better documentary evidence.

Get married if you are serious about this.

Letters from friends will always be suspect.

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

The letter we received is requesting evidence of a Two Year Meeting Requirement.  The letter says this is admissible evidence:

Your own statement which must include the date, place, and circumstances of your meeting.  If you submit a personal statement, it must be supported by additional evidence.

We are including :

1) Copies of travel documents (itineraries, tickets, hotel accommodations, etc.

2) Affidavits of friends, neighbors, or other knowledgeable associates.  All affidavits must be written statements sworn to or affirmed by two persons, other than yourself and the person you are petitioning, who were living at the time the event(s) occurred, and who have personal knowledge of the event you are trying to prove.

This is for the I-129F fiance visa.
'
'We are looking for a sample of an affidavit to meet this requirement to make sure we submit this correctly.

Thanks.

An affidavit is a notarized written statement of what somebody knows. Have your friends just write it up saying what they know about you and have them sign it in front of a notary.

Here's a guide:

https://www.visatutor.com/witness-affidavits-help-k-1-visa-cases-red-flags/

Here's a sample:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/USCIS_I751_Affidavit.doc

Though I'm thinking something less formal (handwritten) might come across better.