Needhlp1

Medical Malpractice

11 posts in this topic

I went into an ER for treatment and was admitted over night the next morning I realized the medication I was told I was given I was not so I refused any further treatment and was Leaving the hospital. At that time, two nurses tried to detain me by running up behind me. I was detained for 11 hours then taken to another hospital for 11 more days. I didn't eat or drink anything for 6 days although they claimed the medicine they were trying to give me was for my thyroid and blood pressure but the had me can a psychiatric ward. The Doctor's knew nothing was wrong with me but because they lied so much on my chart they didn't want to let me go. I finally was released 11 days later and given a voucher to get to my car. What can I do? I need to sue the City and the hospital.

2 hours ago, Needhlp1 said:

I went into an ER for treatment and was admitted over night

Whether of not you have anything to sue for depends greatly on what you went into the ER for.

Please share.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds as if you were involuntarily committed to the psychiatry department.  If so, your complaint is with the judge who ordered you committed, not the hospital that executed the order.

On 5/12/2018 at 4:19 AM, Needhlp1 said:

I went into an ER for treatment and was admitted over night the next morning

Not sure it matters, but the timing of this doesn't really make sense.

I realized the medication I was told I was given I was not so

Does this mean that the medication you were told you were given was not what you were actually given?

the had me can a psychiatric ward.

Not quite sure what this means, but it sounds like you were involuntarily committed to the psych ward.

The Doctor's knew nothing was wrong with me

If I could ask these doctors, would they agree that they "knew nothing was wrong with" you?  I bet they wouldn't.

What can I do?

I'm sure you can do a great many things.

I need to sue the City and the hospital.

I'm not sure what sort of claim you think you have against any city, but you're obviously free to consult with a local attorney about what happened to you.  Note that I agree with both prior responses.

They were the Doctors! Not it wasn't for fun. It was illegal! They ended up discharging me after 11 days of trying to get me to take meds for my thyroid and blood pressure. Of course I refused! Maybe you are one of the incompetent doctors that is why you think it was a joke! My life being destroyed was no joke. I asked about filing a Civil Lawsuit not about FUNSIES! THANK YOU.

On 5/12/2018 at 0:31 PM, RetiredinVA said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds as if you were involuntarily committed to the psychiatry department.  If so, your complaint is with the judge who ordered you committed, not the hospital that executed the order.

But someone had to sign a warrant in order for the judge to sign off on it. Correct!

On 5/12/2018 at 9:27 AM, adjusterjack said:

Whether of not you have anything to sue for depends greatly on what you went into the ER for.

Please share.

I went in for chest pain

But someone had to sign a warrant in order for the judge to sign off on it. Correct!

No, the judge signed the warrant, he/she is the only one who could, following your hearing in which the doctors, I assume, testified.

The hospital had no incentive to keep you there if you didn't need to be there. You also wouldn't be placed in a psych ward for chest pain or thyroid or blood pressure. If a judge signed off to involuntarily commit you, there was a good reason for it and it was not at all illegal. Receiving health care is not something that ruins your life nor are there inherently any damages as a result. If your treatment was inappropriate for your diagnosis such hat it breached the standard of care, take your medical records to an attorney who specializes in med mal cases. Treatment that didn't result in any negative consequences or that you just didn't agree with would not meet that standard. Nor would being offered treatment which you declined.

12 hours ago, Needhlp1 said:

They were the Doctors! Not it wasn't for fun. It was illegal! They ended up discharging me after 11 days of trying to get me to take meds for my thyroid and blood pressure. Of course I refused! Maybe you are one of the incompetent doctors that is why you think it was a joke! My life being destroyed was no joke. I asked about filing a Civil Lawsuit not about FUNSIES! THANK YOU.

Pointless argument is pointless.

The only way to assess any claim you might have would be to read all of the documentation relating to the confinement.  Folks on a message board obviously have no ability to do that.  You need to gather all of the relevant documentation and consult with a local attorney.