BIGEM1

Out of state child custody

Ex Wife decided to take our youngest daughter with her back to Virginia after living with me for 11 years. No violence involved. Daughter was born & raised here in Florida. I would like to know my rights as a non custodial parent.

Edited by BIGEM1
addition of information

No where near enough information: 1. Is there a court custody order? If so, your rights are defined by that order. If there is no custody order, we would need to know: 1. Were you married to the mother at the time the daughter was born? If not, has paternity ever been legally established. If the answer to either of the above is yes, you can file to have the child returned to Florida, unless the mother got court permission to remove the child from Florida.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:07 PM, BIGEM1 said:

Ex Wife decided to take our youngest daughter with her back to Virginia after living with me for 11 years.

Has she merely "decided to" do this, or has she actually moved with your child from Florida to Virginia?  If so, when did that happen?  If not, is there a particular date when it is expected to happen?

On 5/11/2018 at 8:07 PM, BIGEM1 said:

Daughter was born & raised here in Florida.

How old is your daughter?

On 5/11/2018 at 8:07 PM, BIGEM1 said:

I would like to know my rights as a non custodial parent.

Attempting to create a list of rights would serve no useful purpose.  In addition to answering the questions we have asked, you will need to describe the relevant portions of your divorce decree, including any provision relating to one parent or the other moving with the child.