tnphil

lawyers were aiding and abetting possibably more.

5 posts in this topic

During a divorce my ex changed my mailing address to hers to steal a check that was to me from the state. When she called  and asked / demanded that I meet her and a friend for me to sign it over to her it was reported stolen, a police report was made and it was  cancelled. Then her attorney and later the mediating atty started to cohearse me to sign it so the ex could have the money. they both knew there was a Police/Postal report made. What legal steps do I need to take to bring them  in front of the Atty General's office. There may also be a conspiracy to get me in trouble for putting my signature on the stolen / cancelled check also.

Edited by tnphil
clarification.

7 minutes ago, tnphil said:

What legal steps do I need to take to bring them  in front of the Atty General's office. I don't actually know who to contact to report the attys misconduct.

Them? "They" didn't do anything illegal. Your ex changed the address. Other (maybe) than intercepting the check there is nothing illegal, or even wrong, about your ex (or her attorneys) trying to bleed money out of you. That happens in every divorce.

9 minutes ago, tnphil said:

There may also be a conspiracy to get me in trouble for putting my signature on the stolen / cancelled check also.

The check was cancelled. There is no conspiracy.

2 hours ago, tnphil said:

I don't actually know who to contact to report the attys misconduct.

What "misconduct"?

You told us that your ex-wife "change [your] mailing address" (whatever exactly that means) and, as a result, she received some sort of check from "the state" that was payable to you.  You then told us that, for some unknown reason, your ex asked/demanded that you sign the check over to her.  Apparently as a result of this request/demand, you reported the check as being stolen, which resulted in the check being cancelled.  Is all that right so far?

You then told us that your ex's lawyer and a mediator "started to cohearse [sic] [you] to sign [the check] so the ex could have the money."  You didn't tell us:  (a) what exactly your ex's lawyer and the mediator did that you consider to be coercive; (b) what your lawyer was doing in connection with all this; (c) whether you actually signed the check over to your ex (and if so why you did that); and (d) why you signing the check over to her would make any difference since the check had been cancelled as a result of the police/postal report that you made.

Stated differently, what exactly do you think your ex's lawyer and the mediator did that was illegal or unethical, and what damage to you resulted from it?

That said, the Board of Professional Responsibility of the Supreme Court of Tennessee investigates complaints against lawyers practicing in Tennessee.