Huddleston59

Party Bus rental

My daughter and about 38 other kids had a bus rented for their senior prom by a parent. The night of prom the bus picked them up and took them to eat in Atlanta. After leaving from the restaurant at 7:45 pm the bus was pulled over for a tail light that was out. They were on the side of the interstate for 45 minutes and then they started going again to which the driver pulled into a nearby hotel and parked with the cop following. The kids were not being informed of anything. The bus was impounded and students were told it was due to documentation not on the bus as required. The students were unloaded and treated very rudely by the police officer. Once the parent who rented the bus was notified she contacted the rental company who had no action to fix the problem, only that they would pay for Uber for the kids to get to prom. My daughter is a minor and I was never notified by the police that there was a situation and that she was being left at a hotel. Are parents of minors not to be notified by police when a situation like this occurs. Not to mention that the kids missed their senior prom.

16 minutes ago, Huddleston59 said:

Are parents of minors not to be notified by police when a situation like this occurs

There is no such requirement.

19 minutes ago, Huddleston59 said:

The students were unloaded and treated very rudely by the police officer.

Really? Wish I had a buck for every time I read something like that. I'm guessing that having to herd 38 teenagers made the officers a bit curt especially since the odds are in favor of at least a couple of them giving lip to the officers.

They'll get over it.

17 minutes ago, Huddleston59 said:

Not to mention that the kids missed their senior prom.

From a legal standpoint there is not likely to be any monetary compensation for missing the senior prom. The parent who rented the bus should get a refund but that's about it.

Interesting story.

Do you have a question?

20 minutes ago, adjusterjack said:

I think I disagree.  The kids probably spent at least $100 each (and probably more than that) on prom tickets, to say nothing of tux rental and what not, all of which ended up being wasted because of the bus rental company not delivering as agreed.  I think all of that should be compensable

1 hour ago, pg1067 said:

The kids probably spent at least $100 each (and probably more than that) on prom tickets, to say nothing of tux rental and what not, all of which ended up being wasted because of the bus rental company not delivering as agreed.  I think all of that should be compensable

I agree that those things should be compensable here.