First let me say that I am a pro se litigant doing all my research from Google scholar.  If anyone has better research engine that someone knows and can refer me to it that be greatly appreciated.  I am again stuck and thrown the towel and admit that I need enough information to get me over the hump.  My question is when can a court "revisit" an issue.  If I remember correctly, a court can revisit an order, or a case;(1) In the interest justice calls to revisit (2) to prevent a miscarriage of justice from occurring. Am I correct? If so I have been typing key words or the phrases and simply cannot get past hundreds of irrelevant cases? Any help or productive suggestions will be greatly appreciated    

19 minutes ago, foolish said:

My question is when can a court "revisit" an issue.  If I remember correctly, a court can revisit an order, or a case;(1) In the interest justice calls to revisit (2) to prevent a miscarriage of justice from occurring. Am I correct?

Depends on what you mean by "revisit."

You can file a motion for reconsideration or a motion for clarification. You can file an appeal. You can file a motion to set aside a judgment.

All of that stuff is covered by your state's Rules of Civil Procedure or, if you are in federal court, the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure.

Case decisions aren't likely to help you.

There are probably dozens of situations in which a court may "revisit" an issue.  Attempting to compile a list would be pointless.  After 981 posts here, I would think you'd know that facts are critical.  What has occurred that makes you want to research this issue?

Thanks for the encouragement, its greatly appreciated, despite all the want for me to fail, and despite all the odds stacked up against from outset, no my case hasn't tanked.

As for the dead horse remark, it was a dead horse from the beginning that I have been litigating that not me that resurrected it from finality of judgment but the agency.  However, I have managed to keep it very much alive.

Now excluding all the positive criticism from the well wishers.  The reason why I asked is because I simply used the wrong key word from "revisit" instead of "reconsider" or "reconsideration", just this correction put me on the track.       

11 minutes ago, foolish said:

If, I sounded defensive, for adjusterjack's reply, 

1 hour ago, adjusterjack said:

He lost.

And wants to keep kicking the dead horse.

Sometimes, I wear my emotions on my sleeve and react accordingly, but I also forget no one has the facts of this case and I do appreciate what help do get on the board.   I also understand that the lack information I provide encourages remarks like this, I have developed a thick skin over the years, infact these replies without positive input encourages me that much more.  So with this said.

The real reason why I asked is because lets just say, that where there is evidence that the main issues raised were never reached and if those issues would have been reached the outcome would have been different and in my favor.  

×
×