Care to explain what you think a "Freedom Suit" is and why you think such a thing exists anymore since slavery has been illegal in the United States for well over 150 years?  Why is it that you think you are a slave (and, if that's the case, how could you possibly not know the identity of your owner)?

A troll! Now why is it your business if you can't answer the question? Who do you think you are just speaking words out of your mouth like that. You don't know me or what I'm in to so keep your opinions to yourself if you don't know the issue 100%. I thought there were all helpful people on this site but my first ever encounter in a post called me a Troll. Answer the questions if you can, and if not, keep your comments to yourself. You asked one thing that had nothing to do with what I asked. Why? Can you help me with advice or not?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_suit

A useful article on the historical aspects of freedom suits.

But this would seem to be a purely historical inquiry insofar as slavery itself ended in the United States with the passage of the 13th 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution. Thus no basis for anyone within the United States to file such a suit since the late 1860s.

2 hours ago, HudginsVsWright1662 said:

No help at all. Where is the help, PLEASE!!!

You haven't asked a question that makes any sense.

You asked, "How do I file a Freedom Suit?"  The basic answer to that question is the same as with any lawsuit:  you draft a complaint and file it with a court of competent jurisdiction.  However, a "freedom suit" is not a thing that exists in modern jurisprudence.  Freedom suits are only necessary where slavery is legal.  Since slavery hasn't been legal in the U.S. in over 150 years, there is no need for a "freedom suit."  In other words, you don't need a lawsuit to declare that you are not a slave.  If, someone has illegally enslaved you, then you need access to the police.  All this gets us back to the question I asked previously (and which you ignored):  "why [do] you think [a "freedom suit" is something that] exists anymore since slavery has been illegal in the United States for well over 150 years?"

You also asked, "how do I find out who the slave owner is of Peoria, Il?"  You asked about the slave owner as though there is only a single slave owner (in a city with a population of about 115,000, and which is located in a state in which slavery has never been legal -- it wasn't even legal when Illinois was part of the Northwest and Indiana Territories).  All that being said, it is incumbent on you to explain better what you're talking about (that is if you truly want the best possible answers to your questions).  Part of that explanation would be why/how, if you are (as you claim) currently a slave, you don't know the identity of your owner.

2 hours ago, HudginsVsWright1662 said:

Can you help me with advice or not?

What is the actual situation about which you are seeking advice, and what remedy are you seeking?

12 hours ago, HudginsVsWright1662 said:

How do I file a Freedom Suit and how do I find out who the slave owner is of Peoria, Il?

A freedom suit was a lawsuit that challenged being held in legal slavery before slavery was abolish in the U.S. in 1963. It was a way for the slave to win his/her freedom. As slavery is now illegal in the U.S. (made very clear by the 13th Amendment to the Constitution) a freedom suit is no longer necessary for any one to win freedom from slavery. They have that automatically. As for the second part of your question, no one “owns” the city of Peoria.

If you care to explain your situation and why you seem to think yourself enslaved you might get some useful feedback on what you can do about it.

×
×