Your message implies that Child Protective Services is already involved in this matter.  Whether you can adopt the child, and if so what procedures you must follow to make it happen, will be largely up to them.  I suggest you contact the caseworker handling your friend's case and discuss the matter with him or her.  Assuming adoption is a viable option, you may have to take the child as a foster placement pending your completion of whatever requirements (background checks, home studies, etc.) they might require.  Also remember that any adoption can be tricky, and CPS involvement makes it even trickier, so you'd be well-advised to retain a local family law attorney who specializes in adoptions to advise and assist you.  Good luck!

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation.  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

12 hours ago, Esmeralda123 said:

cps will take the baby from her at the hospital

Why?

12 hours ago, Esmeralda123 said:

what can i do to adopt the baby before they take her away

Your friend and the father can contact a local adoption agency and start the adoption process.  However, I agree that, if CPS is already involved, that will impose obstacles to any adoption.