EY

quite claim transfer and sale

i have a house that i got before married and only my name on the Mortagage i have a kidney  issue and i could die anytime ,, can i transfer the house to my wife even i still pay mortagge every month ,, if i do quite claim to my wife with $10 or $0 and transfer it to my wife name and will keep pay the mortage if my wife want to sell the house in the future are they going to charge her for the income 

for example 

i purchesed the house in 2006 for $100,000 , and now i will sell it to my wife or transfer it to her for $10 or $0 ,, 

if she sell the house later on for $,90,000 dose she has  to pay taxes for the 90,000 or she will not going to pay anything because the original sale was for 100,000

or i should sell it to her for $100.000 and pay $700 recording fee 

we dont live in the house now im renting out and 

10 minutes ago, EY said:

can i transfer the house to my wife

Nothing in your post suggests you lack the ability to do this.  Although your post demonstrates very poor ability to write, preparing a deed doesn't require significant writing ability.

12 minutes ago, EY said:

are they going to charge her for the income

Who are "they"?  What "income" are you talking about?

12 minutes ago, EY said:

i purchesed the house in 2006 for $100,000 , and now i will sell it to my wife or transfer it to her for $10 or $0

Why would you "sell" it to her for $10?

The most important question is why do you want to transfer the house to your wife while you're still alive, as opposed to having her inherit it after you die?

If you give it to your wife she may have to  pay capital gains.  However, there is a $250,000 per person exclusion of gain available to each of you when she sells it provided you and she lived in the property as principal residence  for five of the last eight years (The residence period was two of five prior to the new ta law.)  The real question is why you would want to sell or give the property to her when you can leave it to her by will. 

My husband just got his warranty deed but it shows him as a single man grantee. He applied for the home before we married using only his own income. I signed a quitclaim deed to avoid me being financially tied to the home. Technically he was married when he signed for the home but didn't think it mattered since it is only his finances at stake. How can he go about changing the deed, title, etc. To correct this mistake? What do we need to do?

Perhaps your husband does not consider it a mistake.  In Florida there is no bar to a married man or woman owning real estate in their own name. If he does want to correct it all he needs to do is sign a new deed granting his interest to himself and you and recording the new deed.

BTW, please don't tag you questions on someone else's thread.

9 minutes ago, RetiredinVA said:

Thank you. Sorry about the tag. It is not my house. So I do not want financial interest in it. To be sure I understand your directions correctly, he needs to prepare a new warranty deed granting interest to us both, then he files my quitclaim with it?

1 hour ago, RetiredinVA said:

If he does want to correct it all he needs to do is sign a new deed granting his interest to himself and you and recording the new deed.

51 minutes ago, Vangie35 said:

To be sure I understand your directions correctly, he needs to prepare a new warranty deed granting interest to us both, then he files my quitclaim with it? 

What RetiredinVA has told you is what to do if you do want to be a co-owner of the house.

If you don't want to be a co-owner of the house then, based on the information you've supplied, it looks like there's nothing else you need to do.  But you may want to consult with a lawyer in your area who handles real estate matters just to be sure.

2 hours ago, Vangie35 said:

How can he go about changing the deed, title, etc. To correct this mistake? What do we need to do?

I'm not sure what "mistake" you're talking about.

If I understand your post correctly, at the time he applied for the mortgage loan, he was single.  However, before the transaction to buy the house closed, you and he got married (not really sure what you meant when you wrote that he was 'technically" married).  If you're saying that the current title reads "John Smith, an unmarried man," and your husband wants to be in the name of "John Smith, a married man," all he need do is deed the property from and to himself.  Why he or you would care about this, however, is beyond me.  If you're saying something different, please clarify what the result is that you want to achieve.

×
×