Sign in to follow this  
gordongekko

LLC for Agents Law

7 posts in this topic

A woman at the DBPR just told me that an agent can only use an LLC if it is in their own full legal name.

Soo.. does this mean an agent can't use a unique business name to conduct business as a property management company?

A woman at the DBPR just told me that an agent can only use an LLC if it is in their own full legal name.

Soo.. does this mean an agent can't use a unique business name to conduct business as a property management company?

2 hours ago, gordongekko said:

does this mean an agent can't use a unique business name to conduct business as a property management company?

To be frank, saying that "an agent can only use an LLC if it is in their own full legal name" makes absolutely no sense.

Whose agent?

What does "use an LLC" mean?

What does it mean for an LLC to be "in their own full legal name"?

Given that "agent" is a singular noun, what is the antecedent of the plural pronoun "their" in that statement?

Also, what job/position is held by the "woman at the DBPR" (which I assume refers to the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation)?  Since it's a woman, it's obviously not the Secretary of the Department (since that position is currently occupied by a man).  Is she an assistant Secretary?  A secretary (lower-case)?  A lawyer?  A clerk?  A janitor?

Do you have a question that's something other than asking us to interpret this person's paraphrased statement?