Sign in to follow this  
IHMJack

PLEASE HELP , my father abandoned me

PLEASE HELP , my father abandoned me        /    my father NEVER supported me financially since I was born , I moved from Taiwan to USA when I was 8 age with my mom ,
and I mom raised me but my father NEVER sent any money to help for our living expenses.  Im 37 age now , during my time in USA , my father had another girlfriend in Taiwan and they have 2 kids WITHOUT
never filing a divorce with my mom even till today . my dad is now 76 age with many serious health problem including cancer and the average life span for men in Taiwan is 77
 , Based what he is telling me about his health situation , Im worried that he may not even have 1 or 2 years left to stay alive .

Ok well here is the BIG PROBLEM , my mom told me that my dad probably sold ALL his assets ( cash , bank balance , stocks funds , real estate , etc. , etc. ) and maybe GIFT it all to not sure who
 , maybe spread across ( his girlfriend , and their children on their end )     I assuming my dad did this because he knows he will pass away very soon and he want to give 100 percent of his wealth to
his girlfriend and their children INSTEAD of my side of the family , Im extremely worried because its a HUGE estimated amount,  I say estimated over 1 million dollars in total asset value the past 30 years
plus after he passes away , and very sadly he is leaving me and my side of the family (me , my mom , my brothers )  ZERO DOLLARS , all 100 percent is going to them, and we all have tried to ask our dad to
 pay us some financial responsibility , HE REFUSED. my dad is an very non responsible person  Sadly when he passes away he can NOT bring his money to heaven
 , and 100 percent of estimated over 1 million dollars in assets is ALL going to their end  , and ZERO for us.

There are also many stories in the past , that my dad also sold my moms real estates and NEVER gived my mom a single penny for it ,

thats why Im extremely upset right now and would like to ask , If there is ANY LEGAL ACTION ANYONE ME AND MY FAMILY CAN TAKE about this issue to recover any amount of money and asset possible?
divorce? child support? alienation? child abandoned? legal WILL?? ANYTHING WE CAN SUE FOR?   we do not understand the law and what we CAN sue about this issue , will it be too late after my dad passes away??
Is it possible for me to sue under my moms name and on her behalf?

Advices and help would be very thankful!

As near as I can make out from your message, your father is and always has been a resident of Taiwan, and has never lived in the United States.  You don't say, but we can only assume, that neither you nor your mother had any claim to American citizenship or residence prior to the time you emigrated to the United States when you were a child.  Therefore any relief you can get from your father must come from Taiwanese courts in accordance with Taiwanese law.  I know nothing of Taiwanese law but I'd hazard a guess that at this late date it would be difficult if not impossible for either you or your mother to make a legal claim on your father's current assets or income.

Inheritance is another matter.  Depending on the relevant law, you or your mother might be able to make a claim on a share your father's estate if your mother can prove she and he were married and there was never any divorce, or if you can establish his legal paternity regardless of their marital state.  I suggest you contact a probate lawyer licensed to practice in Taiwan to learn what (if any) rights you may have.  Whether you can find such a lawyer in the United States I couldn't say.  You might start by checking with the Taiwanese (Chinese?) embassy or consulate nearest you.  Good luck!

It isn't clear why your mother never filed for divorce or support of some kind, especially if they were in fact, married. It is also unclear why the two of you left the country where your father/her husband resided. It would be unlikely that YOU would have a claim against your father for support as how a married couple accounts for expenses and funds their lifestyle is a matter between them alone. I am not an expert in Taiwanese law. I did have Taiwanese employees who lived and worked in a different country than their families. That is not unheard of the world over. Your best bet is to contact a lawyer who handles family law in Taiwan, and especially international situations like yours. If your mother is no longer living, it may be difficult to assess what exactly their agreement was or if there were any legal arrangements they had in place. The consulate can direct you. https://taiwan.visahq.com/embassy/united-states/

5 hours ago, IHMJack said:

Im extremely upset right now and would like to ask , If there is ANY LEGAL ACTION ANYONE ME AND MY FAMILY CAN TAKE about this issue to recover any amount of money and asset possible?

Extremely upset with whom?  Sounds like the person to be upset with is your mother for dragging you 1/3-1/2 of the way around the world and away from your father.  Of course, that apparently happened nearly 30 years ago, so I have a hard time understanding why this would be bothering you all of a sudden.

In any event, when you were still a child, your mother could have sought child support from your father.  It's nearly two decades too late for that now (unless Taiwan has some awfully unusual laws on child support).  You have no valid claim against him (unless Taiwanese law, which no one here will be familiar with, gives you some sort of claim).  When your father dies, you may or may not inherit something from him.  If your parents are still married, then your mother may or may not inherit from him (either instead of you or in addition to you).

divorce? child support? alienation? child abandoned? legal WILL?? ANYTHING WE CAN SUE FOR?   we do not understand the law and what we CAN sue about this issue , will it be too late after my dad passes away?

If your parents are still married (after apparently being separated for nearly three decades), she can seek a divorce.  As mentioned above, it's way too late for child support, and none of the other things you mentioned make any sense (especially since it sounds like it was your mother who took you and abandoned your father, not the other way around).  Obviously, if your father dies before a divorce goes through, then the marriage will terminate for that reason, and a divorce would be moot.

Is it possible for me to sue under my moms name and on her behalf?

No (at least not in the U.S.).

thanks to everyone for replying!

If my dad already GIFTED all his wealth and assets to his girlfriend , even if my mom try to divorce or sue or whatever legal action , will she be able to get any money back at all considering dad GIFTED away everything?

me and my mom came to USA about 29 years ago , many years after that , we got our American citizenship certificate.

Taiwanese OR Chinese embassy or consulate , how much will it cost roughly to meet and have a meeting with them??

US law does not apply here. It doesn't matter how long you've been in the US or what citizenship you hold. DAD is in Taiwan. Dad's ASSETS are in Taiwan ONLY Taiwanese law applies here.

How on earth do you expect us to know how much an embassy will charge to meet with them? Ask the embassy or consulate.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:22 PM, IHMJack said:

If my dad already GIFTED all his wealth and assets to his girlfriend , even if my mom try to divorce or sue or whatever legal action , will she be able to get any money back at all considering dad GIFTED away everything?

Since he apparently lives in Taiwan, it depends on Taiwanese law, which, again, no one here is familiar with.

On 2/9/2018 at 6:22 PM, IHMJack said:

Taiwanese OR Chinese embassy or consulate , how much will it cost roughly to meet and have a meeting with them?

"Them"?  Meaning someone at the Taiwanese embassy or consulate (not sure why someone suggested meeting with someone at the Chinese embassy or consulate)?  We have no way of knowing, but I can't conceive that you'd get charged for something like that (especially since the purpose for which this was suggested was to try and find a lawyer in the U.S. who is also admitted to practice in Taiwan).  Of course, the way to find out is to call and ask.