Sign in to follow this  
JackofTrades

Requesting a change of venue

I am considering requesting a change of venue?

Can I request this anytime ? I filled an ECO mid summer, my ex has had supervised visitation and still currently has them

its still going my way sorta but we had a pre trial conference and there was some modifications to the supervision in my ex favor but its still supervised

my ex has a family member that has worked for the court house for years but not currently at the time but my ex family member has traveled 600 miles one way to be at every hearing. and my ex family member  has conversations with multiple people working in the office I'm talking like hugging and I miss you like my ex family member was friends with everyone, and I know my ex family member was really good friends with someone that was high in authority in the court house. why I know is because I have been in this persons house to attend his pets when they are out of town a couple times. I like to think they wouldn't intervene in the safety of a child.

I am a very humble person that thinks the best in everyone and I have new evidence that should be a nail in the coffin but should I present it before the request or should I just ride this out if a judge doesn't go the way I want then request a change?  

I am paying for legal help and I have brought this up but they said the judge would do whats best for the child at the first hearing my legal help even recognized the family member we are going against. and the judge already said that this was not permanent or a punishment for my ex and the judge said she personally knew my ex family member and granted her over nights when they are in town

and I'm tired of forking out money when I am completely capable of raising my child and letting my ex have visitation when ever they want I haven't tolled my ex no in 8 months on visitations     

You can certainly ask for a change of venue or a change of judge but if you change venue, it will likely go to where your ex lives and not just to the next county over AND the cost of travel would be assessed to you.  Just because you don't get everything you want doesn't mean the judge is favoring your ex.  It takes two to create a child and that child has a right to be raised by both parents whether or not they're living together. 

You will not be granted a change of venue without a compelling reason, and the only reason you present in your message seems to be that your ex or your ex's family member is on friendly terms with everyone in the courthouse, which is simply not compelling enough.  I'm sorry.  Do you have other evidence to suggest that you won't get a fair hearing in this judge's court?  Has this judge rendered decisions in the past which clearly indicated bias in favor of his or her friends?