Dcore10

Falsely accused of hiring mailbox pulled over

5 posts in this topic

I was driving down the road when was suddenly stopped by police officer the police officer claim that I hit a mailbox I had not hit a mailbox. The officer look at my car until there was no damage then came to my window and said he smelled pot then he took me out of my car and heading to the field Sebright he test at that point he was asking me for operating under the influence of drugs.  I’ve been charged with an OU ID then the next day when I asked about the mailbox he told me that the person that reported I hit the mailbox said that I didn’t hit it that I came close to hitting it. and my blood was drawn because of this and I am facing and 0W ID because If this.  isn’t the whole situation null and void because it started out with false pretenses? I only had my prescriptions I am on. I need advise and answers . 

Edited by Dcore10

5 hours ago, Dcore10 said:

isn’t the whole situation null and void because it started out with false pretenses?

Probably not. The officer had a report and acted on it. That gave him the right to pull you over.

What followed had nothing to do with the homeowner's report being in error.

6 hours ago, Dcore10 said:

heading to the field Sebright he test

Huh?

isn’t the whole situation null and void because it started out with false pretenses?

No.

I only had my prescriptions I am on.

Doesn't matter.  It's no more legal to operate a vehicle under the influence of prescription drugs than it is to do so under the influence of illegal drugs or alcohol.

You should consult with a local defense attorney.

Apparently you are guilty of something,not being "attentive" while driving,or else 'reckless driving."Now perhaps whatever prescription drugs you are taking had something to do with it,and you shouldn't have been driving at all while taking them,you probably know the answer to that question,but the officer was in his rights to stop you based on the homeowner's report.

Consult with a good defense attorney.