ThankYou360

Fines for lack of Worker’s Comp

Hello!! I have a business in which we unknowingly did not have Worker’s Comp Insurance for a long period... about 3 years. My husband runs the business and was contacted by the State a few months ago but did not follow up with any action. I’ve recently stepped in to work in the business, and to learn about all of this. I have notices from the state with fines into the hundreds of thousands. I immediately acquired the insurance but before I call the state to discuss the matter, I’m wondering if anyone has experience in this area and has any suggestions. 

Yes... I tried one group and they said that the State wanted to talk to me directly. I was referred to another attorney that has been playing a slow game of phone tag. So I thought I’d try to do some of my own research in the meantime. 

3 hours ago, ThankYou360 said:

Yes... I tried one group and they said that the State wanted to talk to me directly. I was referred to another attorney that has been playing a slow game of phone tag. So I thought I’d try to do some of my own research in the meantime.

Reasonable.  Unfortunately for you, the issue you've described is fairly esoteric and requires someone local.  You're not likely to find someone familiar with the nuances of Colorado workers' comp law on an internet message board.