Jump to content

Now Disbarred Attorney/What can I do?

Recommended Posts

I’m very upset. I am a totally and permanently disabled person. I had many student loans. The federal government loans were forgiven. But Sallie Mae sued me. My attorney was referred by a friend and agreed to accept monthly payments. He said he was knowledgeable in this area. He asked me if I’d be willing to settle and I said maybe under the right circumstances. Without my knowledge or permission, he settled for the full $35,000 against me. Weeks later he was disbarred for embezzlement of client funds. I also found out I qualify for forgiveness through Navient, the company that does student loans. Is there anything I can do now to reverse the judgement? (I do understand though that Navient made it too hard to find loan forgiveness information and is now being sued.) The worst thing is they’ve put a lien on my mothers house. It’s destroyed both of our credit ratings.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...