Luluceal

Just a quick question

I have a quick question my friend is being threatened by her town mayor saying he is gonna get a warrant for her cause she hasn't delivered some baseball pictures she took for them. Wouldn't that be a civil matter? The reason she hasn't gotten them done is cause her husband got hit by a tree literally he was hurt badly he was in the hospital for awhile and now it's like doctor appointment every other day and now she is having health issues. My question is can he get a warrant after her and arrest her or would this be a civil matter/small claims court? 

Actually, the proceeding might be called a "warrant in detinue", a proceeding for the recovery of specific property.  The friend's excuses about health issues sounds suspicious.  Ever heard of UPS or FedEx.  Or, if you are a friend why not stop by and pickup the baseball cards yourself?

It is also possible the mayor might have probable cause to believe the friend has sold the cards.  That might very well result in a criminal warrant.

1 hour ago, RetiredinVA said:

It is also possible the mayor might have probable cause to believe the friend has sold the cards

It's not baseball cards, it photographs.

6 hours ago, Luluceal said:

baseball pictures she took for them

Which brings up another suggestion. If they were taken with a digital camera just email the files to the Mayor.

On 9/16/2017 at 0:44 AM, Luluceal said:

my friend is being threatened by her town mayor saying he is gonna get a warrant for her cause she hasn't delivered some baseball pictures she took for them.

Who are "them"?

Wouldn't that be a civil matter?

You haven't given us any background or context, so we have no conceivable way of knowing.

can he get a warrant after her and arrest her

We have no knowledge regarding this unknown person's abilities, but warrants are usually obtained by law enforcement officers, not mayors.