Sign in to follow this  
Bigbigcat

Biosafety and animal abuse

My former company did human blood withdraw in company kitchen and conference room by non-licensed people without IRB documentaion; meanwhile, This company is breeding mice in non-pathogen-free condition and used for ascites development and antibody production without IACUC documentation. The animal are living in very worse environment and treated brutally.  Now a lot of countries prohibit to use mice for ascites development to produce antibodies. What is your suggestions? Thanks

Why was anyone drawing blood at work? Was this a company blood drive? Were these your company's employees or from some outside vendor? What license do you think those drawing blood should have had and how do you know they did not have one? There isn't anything inherently illegal in drawing blood in a conference room or kitchen. There are certain protocols that are recommended to be in place when handling bodily fluids, but compliance would be on those who were performing the service, not the host company.

I have no idea why your company breeds mice and what protocols must be in place for the specified purpose. Since you seem to know these things, I suggest reporting the violations to the entity responsible for compliance.