caldrid

Car towed after new reserved notice painted while my car was in the parking spot

I parked my car on a Friday night in a parking spot that was not reserved when I parked there. On Saturday morning the maintenance team painted the reservation in the spot which had obviously been reserved by another tenant, but had not yet been marked/labeled. WHILE MY CAR WAS STILL IN THE SPOT! Two hours later the tow company pulled my car. I was sleeping from having worked the night before and was not aware this was happening.  I have not yet addressed the leasing office, but I wanted to post here to see what my legal rights are. Can anyone offer guidance?

What "right" do you think was violated here? Did you really not know that the space was going to be reserved? If you had been forewarned and just hoped the fact that it hadn't been painted yet would allow you to park there, you chose poorly. If there was no advance notice at all and you were completely taken by surprise, I'd at least speak with the leasing office and see if they are willing to reimburse the cost of the tow. They don't have to, but might as a good will gesture.

16 hours ago, caldrid said:

I wanted to post here to see what my legal rights are.

Like everyone else, you have dozens of legal rights, and it would serve no useful purpose to try and create a list.

16 hours ago, caldrid said:

Can anyone offer guidance?

Sure...address the issue with the leasing office.  Seems kinda obvious.

The information about the reserved spot was provided AFTER it was labeled. I am not an idiot. The opportunity was made available before hand, however, if you paint a new resident while I am parked in a NON reserved spot, I need to be notified.

On 10/14/2017 at 0:06 PM, caldrid said:

I don't understand the point of this follow up post five weeks after the original post and responses.  In your original post, you told us that you "ha[d] not yet addressed [this matter with] the leasing office" and asked for guidance.  I provided that by pointing out the obvious:  that you should discuss what happened with the leasing office.

On 10/14/2017 at 6:07 PM, caldrid said:

it's a moot point now.

Mmmm...hmmm...

×
×