emerald.money00

MENTAL HEALTH: SUFFERING FROM PAIN, TRAUMA, CAN NOT TO DAILY LIFE ACTIVITIES,NEGLECT?, ETC

9 posts in this topic

MENTAL HEALTH: SUFFERING FROM PAIN, TRAUMA, CAN NOT TO DAILY LIFE ACTIVITIES,NEGLECT?, ETC

I want to know if you can sue your parent for giving you emotional distress? these past 2 months I've had major chronic pain from my jaw, it can occur on both sides at different times during in which the incident is occurring. my mom makes my jaw hurt so bad everyday from living in my parents house, ( I can not afford to live on my own at moment). and gives me constant everyday stress anxiety  PTSD from yelling talking loud can trigger these bogus painful experiences. Saying that with my jaw, I can't eat or chew I have to drink those protein shakes. I have lost weight and I don't like it. I tell her to stop and she won't. I ask her for money for gas to I can go to my storage unit to sell something on ebay, she says no. then I burst into tears crying b/c I can't eat bc of my jaw pain and have to take my anxiety medication at least up to 3 times per day. None of these symptoms are present when I'm not living or being here. She refuses to get me an apartment.

Can anyone help me with this? Can this be done and what Can I do?

Thanks

Are you over 18? Then your mother doesn't have to allow you to live there, nor give you money for gas. You should be earning your own money and paying your own expenses. Look for a job. Move out and get a roommate if you must. Get counseling to deal with stress in a more constructive manner.

Even if you could sue your mother, do you really think doing so is going to lower your stress level and make her like you more? You think she will be more pleasant to be around if she has to hire a lawyer and waste time in court?

15 hours ago, emerald.money00 said:

I want to know if you can sue your parent for giving you emotional distress?

Anyone can sue anyone for anything.

my mom makes my jaw hurt so bad everyday

And how exactly does she do that?

I ask her for money for gas. . . .  she says no. . . .  She refuses to get me an apartment.

Are you kidding me?

Can anyone help me with this?

If you can explain coherently what your mother is doing, we may be able to point you in the right direction.

Can this be done

Can what be done?

what Can I do?

I haven't the slightest idea what your abilities are.

when I see the psychiatrist psychologist and tell them my story, Do I get money? does she get fined? what happens?

I'm not entirely sure that "RetiredinVA's" response was not tongue in cheek.  No, you seeing a psych will not result in anyone giving you money, and I have no idea why you think your mother might get fined for anything.

domisconsult?

As far as I can tell, this is not a word in the English language or any other language.

30 minutes ago, pg1067 said:

domisconsult

"do is consult".  My original post had a typo "domisconsult"  that the OP saw in the minute or so before I corrected it.

My suggestion that the OP consult a psychiatrist or psychologist was an attempt to initiate the necessary treatment process.  It was only partially tongue in cheek.

1 hour ago, RetiredinVA said:

My suggestion that the OP consult a psychiatrist or psychologist was an attempt to initiate the necessary treatment process.  It was only partially tongue in cheek.

Yes, I realized a beat too late where you were going with that.