Sign in to follow this  
Sherryone

Dead Beat Tenants Plus.......

I have tenants that have been so un fair to me.....I am not a slumlord.....they have been in my house that I rented to them 2 yrs. ago.....the rent has been nothing but a chase for me..........they are pros at lieing and making every excuse one could even think of....I never received my sec.dep......lies,lies,lies.......I went to my lawyer and did the legal steps.......now we are due to go to court in 2 days.....Well they moved their belongings to storage all week-end and now they are camping out in the house......so......when we do go to court.....what will the Judge do??? give them more time in my house??? ( They have not payed rent for 2 months now)  the laws are not fair and they know all the loops to get everthing for nothing.........

1 hour ago, Sherryone said:

what will the Judge do???

No way to predict or guarantee anything. But, if all goes well, the judge will issue a write of possession and give them a deadline date to move out or they will be put out by the sheriff.

No offense to you but, if you let this go on for two years, you have no business being a landlord and need to sell the place as soon as you get rid of these deadbeats.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation so that we can more easily read and understand what you write.  Ellipses are not all-purpose punctuation.

On 9/4/2017 at 7:04 AM, Sherryone said:

I never received my sec.dep.

Why would you allow a tenant who had not paid a security deposit to take possession of the premises in the first place?  Why wouldn't you have evicted them over this?

I went to my lawyer and did the legal steps.......now we are due to go to court in 2 days.

I assume this refers to an eviction proceeding.

when we do go to court.....what will the Judge do? give them more time in my house?

How should we know (except to say that, assuming your lawyer has followed all of the eviction procedures correctly, I can't imagine why any judge would give the tenant more time -- i.e., time beyond what it takes to issue a writ of possession)?  What did your lawyer say when you asked him this question?

the laws are not fair

Which laws in particular are not fair?

I have tenants that have been so un fair to me. . . .  they know all the loops to get everthing for nothing.

This has nothing to do with fairness.  Your post tells me that you don't know what you're doing as a landlord, and your tenant, who apparently has superior knowledge of the law, has been taking advantage of you.  You let tenants who had not paid a security deposit take possession of the premises and did not evict them when they didn't pay their rent.  That's no way to run a business, and I strongly suggest that you either educate yourself about this or get out the landlord business.