yansoloh

contract for artists local and foreign with a llc

Hi
I have my LLC who sign contract with american company.
They want my expertise and some artists enroll by my LLC.
But some of those artists are European. Consequently they can't do self-employment.
And I don't want add an artist as a member of the LLC each time I have a project
I created this kind of company to be sure I could work with artists from overseas, and this is the added value of my LLC.
Right now, a cosmetic company in new york ask me to endorse an European artist. I have to sign papers, receive the salary on my professional bank account, make a deal with the artist to avoid tax or double tax after on this amount...
And most of artists in the world are not self-employed.
I m looking for the best contractual solution

What do you mean ?

I could do business with foreign artist if they are authorize in their country.

In that case I could pay anyone and just mention to the gvt "foreign transaction" in the tax report...

strange ... not really sure about that

On 9/3/2017 at 4:06 PM, yansoloh said:

I have my LLC who sign contract with american company.

I take it then that your LLC is not an American company.  What are the terms of this contract between your LLC and the American company?

They want my expertise

Who are "they"?  What is your expertise?

some artists enroll by my LLC.

Huh?

But some of those artists are European. Consequently they can't do self-employment.

Not sure what this means or why it matters.

I m looking for the best contractual solution

Ok....

I can't tell from your post what it is that you do or what the contract between your company and the American company has to do with the situation you described with the cosmetics company.  I also can't tell if you need advice from a lawyer in the U.S. (New York, apparently) or in one or more European countries or both.

You are using a lot of terms that do not mean what you seem to think they mean. If you are a US based employer, you can hire "employees" from outside the US one of two ways. 1. Obtain the relevant visa which permit the person to work in the US. Pay as you would any other employee.   2. Assuming the nature of the work qualifies, hire them as an independent contractor. No taxes taken out and you can't sponsor them for a visa, though they may apply for one as appropriate to travel to the US if needed. That person's taxes and visa are on them.