kujo

Absent from school for 6 months

The Mother of our grandson took him out of first grade at the beginning of the second semester of first grade because she was going to have to face the judge for too many absences and tarries. She was a week late getting him in school at the beginning of the school year because she couldn't get up on time. She told the truancy officer he would be homeschooled but was not. Now she missed registration for school again and this is the second week he has missed because she has not registered him. The school will only allow a parent to register a child. What can be done and how is she getting away with this neglect?

53 minutes ago, kujo said:

how is she getting away with this neglect?

How should we know?

53 minutes ago, kujo said:

What can be done

I'm sure any number of things "can be done."  However, your brief post only really allows for the following answer:  contact the local child protective services agency or contact a local attorney about seeking a guardianship over the child.

I know he was not homeschooled because he was staying with her Mother and she told me he wasn't and so did our grandson. The Father went and spoke to the Trunacy officer and District Superintendent today. Come to find out between August 2016 and Feb 2017 he had 76 absentees. But the Mother does not know he had this meeting yet. 

You still haven't explained why the father is not the one addressing this. Why did he not know until now how much school he has missed? Why hasn't he enrolled the child in school and taken charge of seeing that he gets there?